As much as you would like it, life never goes to plan. Normally in business, you encounter and resolve problems in your stride. The essence of Business continuity management is to ensure that business operations continue to function even in the event of a disaster or emergency
This 3-day Business Continuity Management Essentials course is intended for (but not limited to) those who will play a part in Business Continuity planning, implementation, day to day maintenance, and who may have a role to play in the event of a disaster It contains a number of practical sessions, designed to build on the ‘taught’ components of the module, and to encourage debate and the sharing of knowledge and experience between students.
Students will leave the class with the information they need to understand and cooperate with Business Continuity Management Projects and to participate in Recovery operations.
With this one-day workshop, participants will gain practical skills in the following areas:
- The function of and the need for Business Continuity Management within an organization and why Business Continuity Management awareness must be embedded within the organization.
- The Business Continuity Management Lifecycle and the main components of a Business Continuity Management program.
- The need for Risk Assessment within Business Continuity Management.
- Business Continuity Management strategy options.
- The plans that form a Business Continuity Management response.
- The need for Exercising, Maintenance and Review of all plans.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Business Continuity Management Essentials is intended for (but not limited to) those who are involved in the areas of information security and information assurance, including:
- Business Managers involved in the establishment of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans.
- Line Managers providing staff or other resources to Business Continuity Planning efforts and Business Process Managers who will interact with the Business Continuity Process.
- IT Operations, Service Support, and Service Delivery Managers.
- Business staff who will provide input to the Business Continuity Planning effort.
- Any individual who will play a role in Recovery efforts.
- Service Provider staff members who will be involved in Recovery or Return to Normal activities
There is no prerequisite for this course. It functions as a stand-alone course.
Each participant will receive a course binder containing copies of presentation slides, case studies, exercises, and suggested solutions.
EXAM AND CERTIFICATION
Participants are expected to pass the end of course test in order to receive a certificate of completion.
- Introduction, Initiation & Planning and Requirements Gathering
- Continuity Strategy, Creating Continuity Plans and Preparing to Execute
- “Training and Awareness”, “Exercise, Maintain, Review”, and Invocation