The COVID-19 pandemic has triggered an unprecedented global health, humanitarian, socioeconomic and human rights crisis. The government-enforced closures and social distancing measures introduced to combat the COVID-19 crisis have revealed risks and weaknesses for which many organizations were ill prepared. Some have faced financial ruin. Others resuming their operations will face significant and disruptive changes.
In this course, you will apply a structured planning framework to help your organization manage its COVID response and the post-COVID restart and to better prepare the organization to weather future disruptions
This two-day workshop will enable participants to:
- Apply a structured process to plan and manage the enterprise response to COVID-19 and post-COVID recovery.
- Utilize tools and techniques to develop, monitor and assess components of the response and recovery program.
- Develop a clear recovery program mission statement.
- Use the enterprise portfolio as the basis for developing the scope of work required to respond to COVID-19.
- Perform a top-level risk assessment and generate a risk profile chart to prioritize the enterprise response and recovery program elements.
- Organize an effective program execution team.
- Assess both hard and soft program risks.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is appropriate for those who have a role in planning, developing, executing or monitoring an organization’s COVID-19 response and recovery program. It can also be useful for those planning to launch new business initiatives during this trying situation
There is no prerequisite for this course. It functions as a stand-alone course.
Participants are encouraged to start the course by downloading and printing the course workbook (containing copies of presentation materials, a case study, exercises, worksheets and forms) and downloading the risk profile calculation spreadsheet.
- Course overview
- Challenges of operating in a COVID-19 world
- Structured Planning
- The 3Rs (Respond, Restore and Restart) and the Recovery Trajectory
- Developing a Program Mission Statement
- Developing the 3R Recovery Program Scope of Work
- Enterprise Risk Assessment
- Program Governance
- Responsibilities Assignment
- Program Risk Assessment
- Developing your Action Plan
- Course Evaluation