DevOps is a software development methodology that combines software development (Dev) with information technology operations (Ops). The goal of DevOps is to shorten the systems development life cycle while delivering software releases frequently in close alignment with business objectives in a faster, better, and cheaper fashion.
Our 3-day DevOps course is aimed at anyone who is managing a DevOps team or aspiring to lead a cultural shift towards DevOps practices. Participants will learn the concepts, terms, principles, and tools used by DevOps Leadership to approach, validate, and sustain a DevOps transformation; as well as how to manage a team culture shift and how to introduce unfamiliar workflow processes across more than one team.
Candidates will also be equipped with solid knowledge regarding the practices, processes, automation, and technology used for adapting DevOps within an organisation, along with Scrum methodology, people, and their cultural implications.
After this 3-day workshop will learn about:
- What leadership and leadership for DevOps is; and how to lead an organisation through a DevOps transformation.
- Establishing the need for urgency for DevOps; and clarifying & aligning business objectives.
- Creating a vision and strategy for transformation.
- Identifying & influencing the vital stakeholders; and leading a culture of self-organised, cross-functional teams.
- Leading for continuous delivery, a culture of continual improvement, and innovation.
- Improving organisational resilience & sustainability etc.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Professionals leading or aspiring to lead software and applications development.
IT department, Business analysts, Project, and product managers.
Anyone aspiring to gain knowledge of advanced DevOps principles and practices.
The prerequisite for this course is that the candidate must have passed DevOps Fundamentals certification.
Material for this course will only be provided as downloadable soft copy files that can be viewed on a variety of devices. Attendees may print a hard copy of the files in whatever format best meets their needs.
EXAM AND CERTIFICATION
Participants are required to write a 60 minutes DevOps Leadership Exam at the end of the course. The exam consists of 20 multiple choice questions, with a passing score of 14, equating to 70%.
- Introduction to DevOps Leadership.
- Clarifying & Aligning the DevOps Transformation to Value Delivery.
- Planning & Approaching the DevOps Transformation.
- Engaging & Implementing the DevOps Full Stack.
- Validating Results & Sustaining the DevOps Transformation.
- Wrap Up/Exam preparation.