Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL ®) is a widely adopted body of knowledge and best practice framework for service management worldwide. ITIL 4 has evolved from the current version (ITIL v3) by re-shaping much of the established ITSM practices in the wider context of: customer experience; value streams and digital transformation; as well as embracing new ways of working, such as Lean, Agile, and DevOps.
ITIL 4 provides practical and flexible guidance to support organizations on their journey to digital transformation. It provides an end-to-end IT/digital operating model for the delivery and operation of tech-enabled products and services and enables IT teams to continue to play a crucial role in wider business strategy.
This 2-day session will equip participants in the first ITIL 4 publication and the latest evolution of the most widely adopted guidance for ITSM.
This two-day workshop will enable participants to:
- Be familiar with the key concepts of service management.
- Appreciate how the ITIL guiding principles can help an organization adopt and adapt service management.
- Understand the four dimensions of service management.
- Recognize the purpose and components of the ITIL service value system.
- Understand the activities of the service value chain, and how they interconnect.
- Recognize the purpose and key terms of 15 ITIL practices.
- Apply 7 ITIL practices.
- Prepare for ITIL 4 Foundation Certification Exam.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Individuals at the start of their journey in Service Management.
- ITSM Managers and aspiring ITSM Managers.
- Individuals working in other parts of “IT” (digital, product development) with a strong interface
with service delivery.
- Existing ITIL qualification holders are wishing to update their knowledge.
There is no prerequisite for this course. It functions as a stand-alone course.
Each participant will receive a course binder containing copies of presentation slides, case studies, exercises, and suggested solutions.
ITIL FOUNDATION CERTIFICATION EXAM
Participants are required to write ITIL 4 Foundation Exam at the end of the course. The exam consists of 40 multiple choice questions, with a passing score of 26, equating to 65%.
- Course Introduction and Introduction.
- Introduction to Service Management.
- Service Management Concepts.
- Service Value System.
- ITIL Guiding Principles.
- ITIL Practices.
- Wrap up, mock exam and closing.
- ITIL 4 Foundation Exam.