Procept Africa has vacancy for a Chartered Accountant to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets.
The ideal candidate’s responsibilities include auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements and calculating tax payments and returns. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience with bookkeeping and a flair for spotting numerical mistakes.
Ultimately, you will provide us with accurate quantitative information on financial position, liquidity and cash flows of our business, while ensuring we’re compliant with all tax regulations.
- Manage all accounting transactions.
- Prepare budget forecasts.
- Publish financial statements on time.
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings.
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable.
- Ensure timely bank payments.
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns.
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements.
- Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity.
- Audit financial transactions and documents.
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary.
- Comply with financial policies and regulations.
Requirements and skills
- BSc in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree.
- Professional membership of a relevant accounting body (ICAN, ACCA etc.).
- Minimum work experience of 2 years from date of professional qualification as Chartered Accountant.
- Experience with foreign exchange transactions.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the IFRS.
- Hands-on experience with QuickBooks accounting software.
- Advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOKUP and pivot tables.
- Experience with general ledger functions.
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills.
Mode of application:
Your application letter with an updated CV should be sent to email@example.com or apply here, within one week of this advert.