Procept Africa specializes in best practice frameworks including Service Management, Business Analysis, IT Service Management and Project Management, as well as Software Solutions. We are also Business intermediaries to reputable international organisations, located in Lagos, with oversight for the African region.
We are expanding our operations to other African countries and are searching for a skilled and efficient Personal Assistant to support our Managing Director in the achievement of this expansion.
This is a senior role that requires a professional and reliable individual with high standards and integrity to serve as a confidential Personal Assistant to the MD.
The ideal candidate will be accountable for challenging and complex assignments that require tact, independent judgment and action to support the MD in a wide variety of areas; represent the company in a positive way in every aspect of their position, with the ability to maintain cooperative and conducive working relationships. The dedicated, confident individual who must work with minimal supervision will thrive in this energetic, rewarding and high-intensity environment.
- Support the preparation of key reports including business strategy; sales strategy; marketing strategy; and/or investment memos.
- Prepare presentation materials for high level meetings, conferences, and other high-level events.
- Manage key client accounts.
- Support the sales of the company services to existing and new clients – from lead generation to closing.
- Coordinate the periodic review of plans vs actuals within the company.
- Track tasks assigned internally and externally.
- Design, prepare, review, format and publish all forms of documents, in multiple formats (MS Word, PowerPoint
- Support the design and creation of Courserware in support of training.
- Coordinate the work of MD’s direct report.
- Act as liaison between the MD, Board of Director, Advisory Board, and Executive Management Team.
- Conduct research on assigned topics that will help the MD achieve its goals.
- Coordinate general administrative tasks including:
- Drafting, typing and dispatching all the MD’s correspondence,
- Coordinating and scheduling meetings and activities for MD,
- Handling all logistics and administrative issues associated with support of the MD, including Board meetings, event planning, travel preparation and follow up, MD briefings, and office management,
- Taking minutes in support of MD’s goals and objectives,
- Maintain a comprehensive filling/e-filling system.
Requirements and skills
- BSc/BA from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Minimum of 5 years proven working experience as a Personal Assistant to an MD in a diversified and highly demanding work environment.
- Excellent communication skills (know what, when and how to communicate depending on audience and subject matter (sensitivity and timing).
- Strong business acumen – understands the building blocks of a business and why businesses success or fail.
- Ability to think strategically, “big picture,” recognizing impact of decisions on the company.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, diplomacy and discretion in all dealings.
- Strong relationship management and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational management and planning skills.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office: good computer literacy, speed and accuracy are essential.
- Strong and Confident personality.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Attention to details.
Mode of application:
Qualified candidates should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply here within once week of this advert placement. Please include the role you are applying for in the Subject of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.